Thursday, July 28, 2016

It Always Seems to Come Down to This - July 28, 2016

My official "weigh in" day is Monday.  I have been wanting to write that I have lost 50 pounds for weeks now.  And yet, here it is another week and nope - not 50 pounds yet.  In fact despite this pictorial representation of calories in versus calories out - my weight stayed exactly the same.

To say that I was frustrated, would be an understatement.  It all came down to I was not eating enough.  That statement makes me crazy.  This would probably be a good place to insert my 12 week challenge essay that I wrote so you can understand why it makes me crazy.  Anyway Ryan offered to meet with me to come up with a game plan.

That meeting was today.  Now for the record I ate more yesterday like I was asked/told to do.  It also ended up being the first day in several weeks that I didn't take an afternoon nap.  I was like, uh oh, I think they may be right.  But I didn't want to lead with that.  Instead I kind of tossed my notebook down and exclaimed, "Why can I lose 33 pounds in 12 weeks, and then THIS!"  So Professor Teal (my new name for him) says, "So let me get this right, you are upset that in 15 weeks, you have lost 15 pounds?"  (Long Pause for Effect)  I hadn't realized that.  He kind of took the wind right out of my sails.

Well it turns out that Professor Shigematsu happened to be in the room and thought it necessary to draw me the average weight loss graph.

This was not what I really wanted to hear or see, but that doesn't really matter does it?

So I sheepishly pipe in, "Well I ate more yesterday and I didn't take a nap?"  Of course, I hadn't told them that I had been back to taking naps in the afternoon.  Well, that went over well.  (smile)

So we came up with a new plan of eating more.  I come home and begin working on some things and all of a sudden, I'm like, "I think I'll take a nap.  Just a little nap."  And then I looked at the time.  It was 1:30 p.m.  and I hadn't eaten lunch yet.  So I decided perhaps I would eat lunch first and see if I still felt like I needed to lay down.  Well, the answer to that is No.  After I ate, I had energy again.

I write this with humor, but believe me eating more is a challenge for me and I am sure this will not be the last time we visit this subject.

I will post my 12 week challenge essay in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment