Saturday, July 23, 2016

Half way Point of the 12 Week Challenge - Feb 29, 2016

I am so excited to have something that is actually working for me.  I can't even explain my enthusiasm for that.  Today marks 6 weeks of concentrated, trainer-led, food and exercise challenge.  Today I was 17.5 pounds lighter than day one.  I've lost 5 inches off my waist, 3 inches off my hips, and 2 inches off my thigh.  My body fat has gone down about 1%.

I am very aware I have much more to lose, but I am thrilled!!!!  Today we were in the pool again and I can tell I was stronger than last Monday when we were in the pool.  It's still pretty pitiful compared to what I could do at age 20, but it's an improvement each week.

The one comment I received from my trainer and his boss today was  EAT.  He said the days that I hit 2200 calories were highly responsible for that weight loss (3.5 pounds this week.)  I honestly thought he was going to say that the days I was at 2200 calories was just too much.  NOPE.  Eat, eat, eat, eat.  I'm trying.

I'd say 14 years ago when Ben was just a wee one and I was nursing him, Kristin Moynihan and I joined Weight Watchers in Gunnison.  I was successful then too, but I was much younger and I was nursing.  But that's the first time I tried eating 6 times a day.  And IT WORKED.

So if you see me eating, it's okay!

I will write about Marcia's visit.  We had such a great time.  I just wanted to share my excitement for today.  And I have to keep getting our house ready for the class we have starting on Saturday morning (at 8:00 a.m.).   I'm going to keep up with my fitness goals even with the class.  We have a unique schedule for our class (3 times a week - every other week).  But it works for all of us, so it will be great.


Balanced Rock in the background - defies gravity!

No comments:

Post a Comment