Wednesday, March 15, 2017

NASCAR, Burger and Beer

If you've been following my blog, you'll know that for Christmas 2016 all my husband asked for from me was "date cards."   Well the March date card is a "live" NASCAR race.  My husband loves NASCAR.  Me?  Not as much.  But the things we do for love, right?  I am actually pretty happy to be trying something new.



We (Dave and I) will drive to Phoenix basically all day Saturday and drive home all day Monday.  I think I'll plan some "pit-stop" activities for us.  Mana and Ryan have taught us very well on the many uses of a deck of cards.  I think I'll assign a driver to the A, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.   Then at our "pit stop" we'll pull a card.  Let's say we pull a 5 and I've assigned Chase Elliott to the 5.  Chase Elliott's number is 24.   We'll do 24 squats.  (Do you think he'll like my idea?)  lol  How about Jumping Jacks for Jimmy Johnson??? 48 of those.

Sunday is the race and we get to be with a good friend of ours and his son, and Dave's cousin and his cousin's wife.  I've been instructed to "live life" and have a great time.  So I plan to drink some beer and eat a burger.  If you know me well, you know that in the past 15 months, I've eaten a burger once.  And I can probably count on one hand how many times I've drank beer.  But people, it's going to be 94 degrees - and I'm supposed to "live life."

I'll be posting to Instagram @pattysfitnessjourney and to Snap Chat  pjdeters.  My husband is a pretty funny (humorous) guy, so if you need a laugh this weekend check us out.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you! And I love the idea of exercise by driver cards! We will make good choices with our meals like salad instead of fries with our burgers! And we will have fun to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to being together!

    ReplyDelete